Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation delivers innovative, high-quality, and cost effective rehabilitation and surgical services to the community and region. We provide:
- An interdisciplinary continuum of care including inpatient and outpatient surgery, rehabilitation and additional services as required.
- A proactive environment for patient safety, implementing improvements as patient safety risks are identified.
- A site for public and professional health care education and research.
Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation's vision is to become widely recognized as an integral component of the University of Maryland Medical System in its role as:
- A regional hospital specializing in the provision of acute, chronic and outpatient rehabilitation services;
- A regional hospital specializing in the provision of a full array of orthopaedic services for adults and children;
- A high quality provider of specialized medical/surgical programs.
- Quality and Compassionate Care
- Excellence in Service
- Respect for the Individual
- Patient Safety
- Quality in Research and Education
- Cost Effectiveness
- Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- The Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
- Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Spinal Cord System of Care
- Brain Injury Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient
- Stroke Specialty Program